Sunday, August 15, 2010

Stylin' And Profiln'

Hey all! Well seems Eira got the jump on me here so just a brief intro and then onto the first Stylin’ article. Our goal with this is to not only give others great photo tips and info but to hopefully instill creativeness in them in both facets. The other thing I would love to see come from this is that more designers would start producing more men’s wear. Down the road I hope to showcase work from new up and coming designers as well as some from the main staples currently designing in SL today. So this is an open invitation to all to drop me an email or a nc in SL that is interested in having their designs showcased here on Style & Flash.

Just like everyone else my noobie days were filled with finding as many things as possible for free as I could. The thing about it was that one, there just isn’t that great of a selection of free clothing items and on top of that men’s wear being in short supply grid wide anyways. So one had to mix n match items to even look half way decent. Then as time in SL progressed linden’s started coming in and we were able to start shopping for our clothes. Still being new and like many do, we went out and bought complete outfits which is mainly the normal way clothing comes.

That being said, we would roam SL strutting around in our fancy new duds looking all proud like. All that pretty much changed for me one day when I needed to find something new to challenge me and I decided “I’m gonna be a model”. Call it fate or luck but I ended up applying and getting into GLANCE Model Academy. So happens that I met some wonderful and talented people in the Fashion/Modeling arena that would change how I looked at things from a fashion point of view. People such as Arsia Ashmoot, Wicca Merlin and my trainer/mentor Rico Racer Flux, Topaz Joubert from Maniera to just name a few.

It really wasn’t until I got to the part of the training that involved going and selecting poses that it hit me what styling really was. Rico I think was getting flustered with me trying to get me to understand what it meant to style, LOL! So there in the store, he said, “Ok watch me” and so I did. He was getting preparing for the Mr. Virtual World contest so he had been working on his attire for it and right there in front of my eyes he transformed into what had to be the coolest looking outfit I had seen to date. The mish mash of various pieces of clothing and prims and accessories were outstanding. And opened my eyes to the world of styling. In my opinion Rico is one of the best if not the best at styling there is. So that’s basically how I got involved in this and am truly hooked now because of it. To me my avie is a blank canvas and all the clothing, jewelry, accessories and tattoo’s are my ink in which I use to create. My style is from one end of the spectrum to the other end, it varies so vastly lol. Sometimes it is simple to outrageous to down right funny and goofy, but that’s what makes it all fun. So today I chose something simple to put together that one could wear anytime any place almost. It is casual but yet is very chic. It is a mix from various designers around SL, so enough of my blabbing and onto some stylin’ and proflin’.

The outfit consists of some nice looking textured items. The jeans are from funkstar, these are some very rockin’ jeans. Great shading and texturing abound in these jeans they are so detailed and look great with anything. Seed is sporting a casual open jacket with a white shirt. With my shape I was wearing I didn’t even have to adjust this jacket prim nor the prim cuffs. This is probably one of my favorite jacket’s to wear in SL, I haven’t checked lately to see if Klam has come out with other styles and colors of this jacket but if they haven’t I would so love to see more like it from them. I love the fit of it, the texturing and overall look of it. I also wore my old faithfuls in this outfit, my biker boots from Redgrave. Nothing beats a Redgrave boot, but I could have worn any number of different types of shoes with this and they would have worked well with my overall look. Rozoregalia formica sunglasses were chosen for my glasses, with the opacity set to almost minimum.
Rozoergalia sells some of the best and some of the most intricate looking items in jewelry and accessories. I could have went and finished there leaving a bare chest exposed and added a tattoo but I happened upon a nice shirt from Argrace called Holiday Surfer in army silver. With the addition of this shirt it really just added something to the whole outfit, maybe a more casualness about it. But in any case I liked how it worked with the outfit as a whole and kept it in. Finally I needed something else and I didn’t want to go with a watch or just a ring so I threw on the Crest bracelet from Gabriel’s, which also has the ring, attached to it via a chain. After looking at what I had I realized I needed a belt, but what kind of belt had me puzzled for a moment. Roaming through my semi-organized inventory there it was a nice elegant black leather belt that came with suit I had also purchased at Gabriel’s. This gave it the look of yes I am casually dressed but I do mean business lol! It is a great looking outfit to go clubbing in or to just hang out with friends or even conduct business in. No matter the occasion you will be Stylin’ N Profilin’.

Next post would you believe it or not, How to be stylish in your undies, OH MY!

Seedus Aldrin

1 comment: